An electronic ID gives you online access to public services
An electronic ID is a proof of identity that confirms who you are. It’s a quick, efficient and safe way of getting access to online services from the state and the municipality. For example, you can submit applications, check and submit your tax return, check your income and employment and change your address online.
The most common electronic IDs are MinID and BankID.
Do not share your electronic ID with other people
Your electronic ID is private, and you’re the only one who should use it. It’s important that you use your own phone number and your own email address when you register an electronic ID. If you share your identification number and password with friends, family, employers, accountants or others, you could become a victim of identity theft.
This is what you can do with an electronic ID
- You can submit many applications without having to visit the police or the Tax Administration in person, and without having to send documents by post.
- You can receive documents and letters from the Tax Administration, the police, the Norwegian Directorate of Immigration (UDI) and other public services online, instead of by post.
- You can check how much you pay in tax, check and submit your tax return, apply for and change your tax deduction card, and change your address on My page.
- You can check what your employers report about you to the Tax Administration, such as information about your income, your tax deductions, and your employment relationships.
- You can view all the messages and documents that have been sent between you and public agencies.
How to use the Tax Administration’s services online
My page is a separate page where you can log in and use the Tax Administration’s services.
Remember to update your contact information and language preferences
Public authorities will alert you by text message or email when you receive a letter online. Log in with your electronic ID to check that you’ve registered the right mobile phone number or email address. You can also choose the language you want documents and messages from us to be in.